Friday, March 21, 2014

Beating the Odds

A woman dreams when their younger is to get married and have lots of kids. But as a girl turn into woman all she hears about is divorce and how badly a divorce can affect the child life. My parents got divorced when I was nine years old. I can honestly say the fact that my parent was getting a divorced I was astonish, I never thought my parents would split up. I thought it was my felt and I wanted to run away. Everything changed, we moved out our house, I had to change schools, and I lost my childhood best friend.  Being raised by a single parent can either break a child down or make that child stronger.  Experts say divorce can lead to a lot of behavioral problems, emotional problems for a child. Also that being raised by a single parent increase the odds in being poverty and also being a single mother can cause a setback in pursuing a higher education and working.  When my parents divorced I went through emotional problem and my brother went through behavioral problem.
                Growing up in a single parent home had its downs but there were also ups. But being raise by a single mother made bonding experience stronger with created stronger between my sibling, my mother and me. When parents do get a divorce, you'll hear about "dead beat fathers" but my father was still and today still in my life; not all divorce all divorce are bad when it comes down to mutual parenting. But i feel my mother still played two roles when my father left and that why

I believe I have amazing mother who works a full time job, who’s in college getting her bachelor degree in Health Care, and also have time to come to her kids’ games. I beat the odds in not dropping out of school; I further my education to become a better woman. But my little brother didn't beat the odds; he is basically a drop out with a child only at the age of seventeen. I’m disappointed and I know the divorced really caused a lot of emotional pain for him, I felt like he gave up on life.
                Since I’m older and a little wiser, I know I’m scared of commitment because of my parents divorced. It really broke my trust with any man I have encountered. I’m terrified a man I could be manly in love with could leave me heartbroken. I don’t want my family to broken up; I want to beat the odds in not getting a divorce. And I especially hate the idea of blended family that is combination of biological parents and stepparents. Sometimes a child just wants both of their biological parents to be together.  Divorce is not an option; when I do decide to get married, even though divorce rates are high and people always getting remarried. I just want that happy ever after, because I don’t want my kids to go through the same emotional pain i went through as a child.



http://futureofchildren.org/publications/journals/article/index.xml?journalid=37&articleid=107&sectionid=692

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/children_divorce.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment